The Institute of Professional Investigators
The management of the Institute is vested in a Board of Governors (see right) consisting of elected participants.
Our objects are:
- To provide an organisation to assist, regulate or control those engaged in investigation
- To assist participants to improve their academic and business knowledge in investigation by provision of categories of participation based upon an approved examination structure
- To provide a system of regulation of the conduct of participants to ensure that they operate within such principles and Code of Ethics as the Institute may prescribe
- To ensure persons engaged in their investigative profession achieve internationally recognised professional academic and vocational standards and distinctions and to improve their technical expertise by promoting, organising and recommending courses, including correspondence courses, seminars, lectures and by other education means and to recommend examination structures for the purpose of enabling participants to carry out Object 2
- To promote the recognition of professional investigation as a profession by government, law and public Members are required to adhere to the Institute’s code of ethics.
Code of Ethics
- To conduct myself with Honesty, Integrity and uphold the highest Moral Principles and avoid conduct detrimental to my Profession
- To conduct all investigations within the bounds of Legality, Morality and Professional Ethics
- To guard my own Professional reputation and that of my Professional Associates
- To uphold the Objects of the Institute and abide by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of The Institute of Professional Investigators Ltd